Friday, July 27, 2007

Photos of Quito

After saying goodbye to all the friends...













I flew out of New York and into Quito!

Here´s a pic of the first afternoon. The clouds tend to gather in the afternoon and sometimes there´s a little rain. It´s hard to capture the true quality of the light but here´s the general idea...


And here it is during the day- what a difference!
Here is the street that I live on:And here is mi casa. My familia lives on the second and third floors. My bedroom window is the set of three panes second from the top.
The living and dining rooms:
And my tiny but adorable room:
Here is the Habitat para la Humanidad Ecuador national office:
My office with Daniel and Ximena. My computer is on the left:

Ximena at her computer:

And my favorite place, the kitchen!

I´m planning on venturing into some of the other neighborhoods of Quito this weekend and hopefully will get a post up sometime next week with more pictures. Until then... saludos!

4 comments:

Cynical DOC said...

What happened to the bathroom picture?

overprotectivemom said...

what bathroom?

Danielle Coon said...

My bathroom in the house is about the size of our kitchen in Brooklyn and I was very excited so I took a pic and sent it to Brian. I´ll add the pic to the post at some point so you can all marvel at the wonder....

(since when did you become overprotective mom, ms. ´i thought the kid was with you, honey?´:)

Unknown said...

Hi Danielle!

It seems you're having a great time in Ecuador, that's great.

I would like to know if you're actually receiving volunteers for the brigades, I work as a volunteer programme coordinator in Quito.

Hope to hear from you soon:
karlytowers@gmail.com
Karla